The Project has two main objectives:
- To develop and demonstrate a new concept of multiprocess production cell, with emphasis in the ICT gaps and exploiting the expertise and background of laser based manufacturing; and
- To implement them at industrial level and validate them in real settings (pilot facilities) by manufacturing real parts allowing measurement of benefits.
The advances introduced in the integrated production cell will decisively contribute towards the following objectives:
- To have more flexible and reconfigurable LBAM focused production cells.
- To reduce the time to develop manufacturing procedure for new products.
- To decrease the down time when SLM is the process implied in part production.
- To increase the incomes coming from functional parts provided to industry in AM business bureaus.
- To reduce overall costs for on-demand products.
- To extend the types of components manufactured by LBAM.
- To improve data management allowing a better monitoring of process data.